This policy covers how The Lennox Children’s Cancer Fund, ("The Lennox", “the charity”, "we", "us", or "our") treats personal information that it collects and receives on www.lennoxccf.org.uk. We are not in the business of selling information about you: we use information shared with us for the sole purpose of running and improving our services. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Gather
1. The Lennox does not collect personal information when you use our site, use our services, download our products or post content on our website or on a blog.
2. The Lennox will collect information through www.paypal.co.uk or www.justgiving.com when you make a donation or purchase a product through these sites. This information is limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, and any information you post. Your password is stored securely by paypal and JustGivng. Please visit their websites and view their privacy policies for more information.
3. The Lennox may also collect personal information if you enter into promotions or sweepstakes.
4. The Lennox may collect billing information if you sign up for a paid service, which may include your name, address, telephone number, credit/debit card details, and other information that is necessary in order to process the transaction. Under no circumstance do we store any of your sensitive billing details.
5. The Lennox uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, support, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
1. Should you purchase an item or service from the Lennox, we may require your billing information in order to process the transaction.
2. We will only retain the last 4 digits of your credit/debit card number and credit card type, so that you may identify that card used in the future. We do not store any other billing information, as this information is discarded after your transaction has been processed.
3. The Lennox uses Paypal and JustGiving to receive funds as donations or in exchange for goods and/or services. Please visit www.paypal.co.uk and www.justgiving.co.uk to view their privacy policies.
1. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
2. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our site that require you to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
3. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
4. Lennox may use its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the site, products and services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on our site.
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
1. The Lennox does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Weebly web sites, products and services with others except as described in this policy.
2. We do not share, sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
3. The Lennox may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the Lennox products and services, or to do something that you have asked us to do. We use other third parties such as a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
4. From time to time, The Lennox or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on our site. You may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. This information will be used for the purpose of notifying and arranging delivery of promotional items to the person selected. It will not be passed on to any third parties.
5. You may opt out of emails you receive from The Lennox or any of our partners for promotions, sweepstakes, contests or newsletters by emailing email@example.com.
6. When you post content on a Lennox website or blog, you have the ability to post content which may include personally identifiable information about yourself. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
7. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We may send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the site. The Lennox stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
8. The Lennox may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
The Lennox may revise, modify or update this policy at any time.
Confidentiality and Security
1. No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
2. If The Lennox learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our site and services. We may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the website. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
These are all standard uses of cookies, and we do not feel that they record any more information than the need to. However, if you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how.
If you have a privacy concern regarding The Lennox Children’s Cancer Fund, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of this site, you should write to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Lennox Children’s Cancer Fund
57 Mawney Road
Last updated on 6th June 2012.